I wanted to share my top 10 tips on e-commerce and some founding principles on this as I am writing a presentation that I am giving next Monday.
But while researching some aspects of Net Promoter Score (something I am a fan of) I found this excellent paper from Bessemer Venture Partners on the same subject.
I thought I would share the top 10 with you:
- You must build a brand, but not through brand advertising
- Customer Lifetime Contribution (CLTC)is your new pulse
- The 6 “Cs” are your vital signs: Ignore them at your peril!
- Your goal: cheap, fast and free
- It’s the service, stupid
- Only lemmings focus on last-click marketing
- Affiliates are risky. Don’t let them pick your pocket.
- WWAD (What Would Amazon Do)?
- Identify your best customers, encourage customer loyalty, and motivate the evangelicals
- Keep it social, but keep your data too